Monday, June 25, 2012

Adventures in the corn field!

  Perhaps the field spraying is just not supposed to be finished.  Friday I loaded up the  4-wheeler with sprayer and drove to the field.  However, at the field the 4-wheeler wouldn't start.  So, those last thirteen rows remain unsprayed. The corn will soon to be too tall to spray.
  With the sprayer uncooperative I switched to cultivating which I accomplished with a few difficulties.  The fuel filter plugged once so I had to blow that out.  One shovel fell off  which I was lucky enough to find and replace. The tractor ran hot so I had to cultivate in 3rd gear instead of 4th. There was much new weed growth so it was helpful to get it done.
  The rain gauge at the field showed 2.2"  which came in three showers since I last cultivated...ideal!

No comments: