Friday, November 20, 2009

What are you doing tomorrow?

Joanne's transition home has gone well. She's glad to get uninterrupted sleep. There are no IV's, no early morning blood draws, etc. She sleeps peacefully until she needs something and then she puts on her call light, "Al, I need...." The curmudgeon sleepily arises and gets/does what is needed and then turns off the light. Doctor's rules are that she cannot be out of bed without her brace and she can't put the brace on alone, so.....
I guess that makes me nurse, physical therapist, cook, nursing assistant, pharmacist, etc. The only bit of confusion she shows is asking me what I plan to do tomorrow. :)
We both eagerly await Lars', Melissa's and Mai-Evy's arrival today. Yipee.
details at www.caringbridge.org/visit/jnegstad

No comments: