Friday, March 28, 2008

Surrendering My Credentials......

Traveling on Frequent Flier miles separated the Curmudgeon from the Curmudgeonette. Originally I was scheduled to overnight in Hartford on my return trip. Yesterday in Amsterdam I was able to rebook on a direct flight to Mpls. Because it was a last minute change I decided to pay for an exit row. The agent warned me that it was an inside seat but I chose to risk it. Settling into my seat I was soon joined on my left with a young couple and their one year old daughter, Shiloh. They had no more than settled in when a young mother with her two year old daughter, Evasophia, sat down on my right. The Traveling Curmudgeon did a personal inventory and decided that there was one way to survive an eight hour flight in that situation, and, no it didn't involve alcohol. "If you can't get out of it get into it" I think is an Outward Bound motto. So I did. I held Shiloh who thought my beard was cool. Her Mom's from Monte Carlo. Evasophia was also a delight. Her mother is of Croatian descent, grew up in Ecuador, is an American citizen who lives in Spain with her Spanish husband. I never had an eight hour flight go so fast. Does this mean I have to surrender my credentials as a curmudgeon?

1 comment:

DickO said...

I think you will now be known as the "Big Teddy Bear"