Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Heading Home

We spent our last day walking the inner parts of Budapest including the Chain Bridge that links Buda and Pest. The unseasonably cold weather kept us from patronizing any of the out door cafes either in Vienna or Budapest. We leave for home tomorrow, the 27th, though I have to overnight in Hartford, CT., because of the Frequent Flier ticket I'm using, so I'll be home the 28th. I'll post pictures from home.
We recommend the places we stayed. In Budapest, Hotel Pest is a boutique hotel about a block from the Opera House in the central historical district. In Vienna, Pension Suzanne is about 50 yards from the State Opera House and just off the main walking street. Good values in prime locations.
I will likely post some reflections on the trip after I get home. Thanks for all the kind comments and responses. It's been a grand trip and I told the Curmudgeonette that she did well...or as a Norske might say, "She could have been a lot worse!"

2 comments:

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Dear Al and Joanne, Wishing you both safe returns. Thanks for the humor and tours. All my best, T

Traveling Curmudgeon said...

MADE IT TO AMSTERDAM...HOME TONIGHT