Sunday, February 4, 2007

Bottled Water as Moral Issue

Yesterday the Bkk Post ran an article on bottled water. The essence of the article was that residents of Bkk are buying bottled water unnecessarily because the tap water is pure. Marketers have convinced the rank and file that bottled water is superior. Nestle' is one of the major brands.
It being Sunday, yesterday, I was told that the huge market next to the hotel would be closed. Maybe 100 of 10,000 stalls were closed but the crowd was doubled. The Thai do love to shop. Puts me in a quandary; to bargain or not to bargain? When the initial cost of an item is $2. does it make sense to bargain in down to $1.50?
I awakened this at 7:30a.m. and turned on ESPN. It was the 1st quarter of the Superbowl. Imagine my surprise that the Vikings weren't playing! I thought I'd watch the game but found it boring compared to Bkk street life. I know how the game will end; one team will win and the other team will lose. With only two days left in Bkk I think I'll see if I can find some adventure.

No comments: