Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Blessed!

      Today's mail brought me an invitation to a Fall Conference, Alleviating Isolation in Older Adults. Perhaps I should go...to see what I can do for others. This invite served to remind me of how blessed I am.  Surrounded by family and friends, both here at the OFH, and in The Little House On The Prairie, isolation is not an issue. Much appreciating my solitude it is adequate, but, a myriad of relationships keep me connected.

     Everyday posted in the elevator of the OFH is a list of daily activities. Today there were exercise classes, a movie and about a dozen activities. One caught my eye. 11:00 Staff Food Eating Contest, MPR (Multi-purpose room.) Thinking, 'this I've got to see' I joined a sizeable group of inmates curious to see what this was about. There were two events. In the first nine staff members volunteered to see who could eat two cobs of corn fastest. One woman clearly outdistanced the rest. The M.C. said "Perhaps she was fast becasue she's from South Dakota." 😋 The second contest challenged the volunteers to quickly eat a plate of chicken wings. The chicken lost 😉.

    Such is the demanding life of this inmate of the OFH.

Takk for alt,

Al

Today's random photo is of student assembly at my Thai school.


No comments: