Saturday, October 15, 2016

That was interesting!

  Out for a short afternoon walk with Trygve, the wonder dog, I was passing on a broad stretch of sidewalk between buildings when  I saw someone on a prayer rug in the Muslim prayer position. Standing over him was a person with a Trump tee shirt yelling abuse, slapping his head and kicking his legs. As I drew closer I could hear the abuser yelling "Get out of my country."   The young man on the prayer rug looked as if he might be African and his tormentor was Caucasian.
    As I challenged the attacker he backed away but continued the verbal abuse.  When I inquired  of the well being of the man on the prayer rug they 'fessed up'.  It was a social experiment to see if anyone passing by would intervene.  The funniest part was that the "attacker" was more intimidated by my dog than he was by me, though I was much larger than he.  What is so funny is that Trygve, while he weighs 60 lbs., is the least threatening dog ever.
    I regret that I din't spend more time in conversation with them but I think my adrenaline was too high and I just left.

No comments: