Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why I like SDak!

Edith's pond, across the street from the Sinai house.
The Sinai house at -20 degrees.

When the curmudgeonette and I bought a house in Sinai, SD the local postmistress said that made us eligible for a post office box. So we now proudly claim Box 34, Sinai, S.D., 57106 as our SDak address.


Today I made a quick stop in Sinai on a business matter. It was my first time there since my last pheasant hunting trip ended December 15. I went to the post office to check my mail box and found it full of advertisers (The Yellow Paper). In conversation with the postmistress I said that perhaps I should fill out a '"Temporarily Away" form because I didn't expect to be in town again until April. She said "Don't bother. You don't get very much mail but if something comes for you I'll tell your brother." Minneapolis has much going for it but not that kind of service.


The only place to buy gas in Sinai is at the grain elevator. The pump is across the street from the elevator office. When I buy gas, I pump my gas and then walk across the street to report how much gas I got and pay for it. Again, that is not the procedure in Minneapolis.

No comments: