A few weeks ago, driving US 14, from the OFH to The Little House, a rock from a gravel truck struck my windshield. It caused a little chip in the lower lefthand corner. That morphed into a crack which eventually became a foot long. Collecting on insurance took some twists and turns, "take four pictures..." the difficulty of which was a weak cell phone connection. Finally, I was directed to the auto body shop of my choice in Brookings. Then a wait ensued while the proper windshield was delivered. Today was to be installation day, 'was' is the operative word here.
Delivering the car at the appointed 8:00 am hour, I was given keys to a loaner car. Heading for Chicago in the rental car...or Sinai which ever was closer, I settled in to wait for an "all done" call, predicted for mid-afternoon. Windshield replacements now have to be 'calibrated.' At noon the body shop called to report that the replacement window was defective, thus couldn't be used. Returning from Chicago, or Sinai, a new appointment was scheduled for next Monday...8:00 am of course. This then falls into the category of, THINGS HAPPEN!
So why suggest heading for Chicago? While living in Golden Valley, MN., I habited a small, locally owned car repair shop near my work. They had one older car they used as a loaner. Once a customer was given the keys to this loaner. When they called him to report that his car was ready for pick up he replied, "It will take me a little while to get there because I'm in Chicago." This is true and Chicago was 500+ miles away.
Takk for alt,
Al
Today's random picture is of Joanne with her late sister, Mary, and brother, Mark, at the time of our 50th wedding anniversary.

No comments:
Post a Comment