Tuesday, August 4, 2026

A tale (tail?) of two dogs!

     Kaia loved the truck. Open the door and she's bound from the ground to the seat. While the truck rolled, she wriggled and moved with excitement splashing everything with dog slobber. A hand placed on her would calm her a little.

   Then there's Odie. Prior to his coming to me all of his rides had been in a crate in the back of a truck. During his first ride on a truck seat, he was obviously mystified. Mostly he lay anxiously with an occasional peek out the window. Entering required my help. With his front paws on the door sill, I'd boost him up to the seat. After a few rides he evidenced his comfort on the ride settling down to lie contentedly. Today, after completing our daily walk, when I opened the door of the truck he jumped to the floor and up unto the seat.  His face said, "I can do this". From that perch he looked proudly at me as I entered.

Takk for alt,

Al

Rest in peace, good and faithful dog, Kaia.


No comments: