Terry, Odie's previous owner, advised that I keep Odie leashed for three weeks. Purchased dogs think they've been kidnapped and let loose too early they may head for their previous home. All indications are that Odie and I are bonded. Today was the day to test that assumption.
In the field that's been recently hayed, I turned Odie lose as I cut cedars. Sniffing up a storm he had a delightful time while he stayed in my proximity. Previous dogs have ranged at a distance. Kaia would run actively a distance away but, almost always, keeping me in sight. As long as I walked, she ran, when I stopped, she'd come to me. Odie just actively explored nearby. His previous home must be a distant memory to him.
"Things happen," redux...the windshield was replaced today. I'd forgotten what it's like to have a perfectly clean one, which lasted about three miles.
Takk for alt,
Al
No comments:
Post a Comment