Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Vintage

       The "vintage" title to this blog doesn't refer to me, though it well might. The 'vintage' reference is to the 74 year old tractor on which I spent my morning. It runs as well as the day it came off the assembly line in Rock Island, IL.  However, there is evidence that it was overhauled by a previous owner. 

     We, the tractor mower and I, were mowing thistles in a grassland. Sometimes it actually kills the thistles, other times it only annoys them. At least it keeps them from going to seed. Barn swallows found me and feasted on the mosquitos the mowing disturbed.

    When I was a home owner doing snow removal I'd talk about nuisance snows, those light snowfalls of about an inch that required removal. Now there are nuisance rains. Yesterday morning there were some light showers that kept me off the tractor. Today a cloud came over and of course it rained as I was mowing. It rained the entire 30 minutes while I drove back to town. As soon as I arrived in town the sun came out. Now it's raining again as this is written.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: