Made all the arrangements for a 7:45 appointment this morning with my primary care doctor. It takes planning because her clinic is in Golden Valley, where we used to live. It means traversing Minneapolis from east to west and from south to north, plus bits of other communities. Then there's the complication of rush hour, too. Nevertheless, Odie was exercised and I had a quick breakfast before launching into the maelstrom of traffic.
At 7:35, smugly I might say for negotiating all the challenges, I was at the check-in desk. The nice clerk said, "Your appointment was cancelled." I replied, "That's the worst thing I've heard all day." She went on to say, "A voicemail was left on your phone at 6:13 a.m." Checking my phone there was said voicemail. So, now it's my fault! At 6:13 Odie and I were in the park sans phone.
The doctor has a daughter who is about two. My guess is a sick child caused the doctor's cancellation. It happened to me once before, though I hadn't gotten to the clinic. If I'm upset about anything it's assuming a voicemail left on my phone, about an hour before my time to leave, is adequate notice of cancelation. Actually, if it had been a text I'd likely have seen it.
Where am I? Why, I'm 'here' of course. 😁 This here happens to be The Little House.
Takk for alt,
Al
No comments:
Post a Comment