Sunday, September 27, 2026

Introverts Unite!

     L gave me a tee shirt emblazoned "Introverts Unite...each in our own home!"  What's the difference between introverts and extroverts?  It's very simple, extroverts get energy from being with people and introverts get energy from being alone. Joanne would get energized in a group while I get tired in groups. This difference caused her to fear I'd be social isolate after her death. Not to worry, I like people, but I also need alone time. The OFH home is perfect for me; when I need people, I leave my apartment, and I go to it when I need alone time.

   The unnamed author I quoted about autumn writes this about being alone. "...it's good to be alone, for a few hours to be exempt from all the complicated bonds, all the conflicts great and small, all the demands and expectations, wills and desires that build up between people, and which after only a short time become so densely intertwined that the room for reflection and for action are both restricted."  Yea and verily that names my experience. 

Takk for alt,

Al


This is the best book I've found about the experience and reality of intorverts.

No comments: