Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Overheard!

       It was a very small waiting area. There were four chairs, two on each side with just room for a person to walk between. There were three of us. The other two were an elderly mother for whom her daughter was filling out a lengthy form. The daughter's tee shirt proclaimed, GRACELAND MEMPHIS TENNESSE.

    Up wheels an electric wheelchair carrying a woman, perhaps seventy. Addressing the women in the Graceland tee shirt she speaks, "I loved Elvis, I really love Elvis, I so loved Elvis, but you know he isn't dead. The deep state wants you to think so. It wasn't John Kennedy who was shot in Dallas, it was a mannequin. Michael Jackson isn't dead either. I learn a lot from listening to Robert Kennedy, Jr. I learned this from TV. Now write this down, write this down where you can learn all this." The women feints writing it down. With a few more bizarre assertions wheelchair woman finally departs after about ten minutes of monologue. 'Graceland' wrote nothing done and laughs when I say, "Maybe you should be careful where you wear that shirt."

    Wheelchair woman totally ignored me. If she would have addressed me, I was prepared to quote Abraham Lincoln, "Don't believe everything you see on TV." 

Takk for alt,

Al

Some of the grass has been hayed so now I can return to my favorite hobbies, picking rocks and cutting ceders. Odie will have space to run.


No comments: