Living alone now has created an experience best described as 'eerie'. When completing a task what comes next feels strange, like, "now, what do I do?" It's hard to explain. The best I can make of it is, with Kaia present I often went from doing a thing alone to doing something with her. It's an empty house with just one old guy rattling around in it.
In the field this morning I saw several monarchs. There were many milkweeds in the area. During WW II, our entire country school, about twelve students, were excused to pick milkweed pods. We were taken to the teacher's farm a couple of miles away. There was some low ground of several acres that was solid milkweed. The teacher's father had a team of horses hooked to an empty wagon. It didn't take long to fill the wagon with pods. They were used to fill flotation devices on ships. How they got from the farm to the packing areas I never thought about. Likely they were shipped by train. "Better than school" was my main impression.
Takk for alt,
Al
Milkweed pickers at a later date.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment