Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Generational vignette.

At the last moment I decided to go to the Synod Assembly whixh was meeting at Shepherd of the Lake, Prior Lake. I looked up the address and borrowed the curmudgeonette's car so I could use her GPS. As I neared Prior Lake I pulled off the road and entered the address which was rejected by the GPS. I had been to Shepherd of the Lake a few years ago so I had a general idea where it was so I headed off,
At a gas station an employee pulled out his PDA and looked it up, gave me directions and I was off. About 20 minutes later I was back asking directions again. The same young man pulled out an atlas from under the counter saying "I don't know use this." So I asked him to use his PDA, which he did, and gave me directions that allowed me find my destination.

1 comment:

DickO said...

Should have checked google maps before you left home.