Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lynx







In June I began attending the Lynx, MN WNBA basketball team. It's a seven block stroll over to target center where they play. It turns out I was a bit ahead of the popularity curve as the Lynx had the best season in the WNBA and then swept through all of the playoffs and to the championship with only one loss.





There was a parade in their honor today down Nicollet Mall with a pep rally following at Target Center. It was a fun celebration. Naturally they thanked many people. Among those they thanked was their publicist whom they called to the stage. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that their publicist is Aaron S., whom I confirmed at St. James.





I'll attach a couple of picture from the parade. The top picture shows Taj McWilliams/Franklin,the LYNX starting center who started every game though she's turning 41 in a couple of days. The other picture shows Seimone Augustus and Lyndsey Whalen who is from Hutchinson, MN.

No comments: