Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm back!







Longing for the old days when plays were staged and houses were sold didn't help me a bit. But our house will be listed today and I don't know what to do with myself now that I don't have boxes to pack. I am an excellent packer even if I say so myself but the idea of living in a house as if we aren't is not my idea of a good time. Enough whining...now that we're at this point I intend to blog more regularly.



We has a great weekend in SDak. My niece, Susan, married Kirk on Friday night. It was a 20s themed wedding. Susan's stepfather, Judeen and I officiated. Joanne found the old fashioned clergy daisy collars at church archives so we dressed the part. Our garb went nicely with Joanne's flapper dress so I'll post a pic.



I also/preached presided at the combined church and 4th of July celebration in town. The church was filled with Negstads and Berghs. My friend, 95 year old Walter Olson, told me a I did "a pretty good job then."



On Sunday Wayne & Angie Negstad, who farm the Negstad homestead, invited the family to celebrate 125 years since my grandfather, Lars Negstad, began homesteading. They also invited my mother's side, Bergh, so there over 100 people on a glorious day on the world's prettiest farm.



Lars, Melissa and Mai-Evy stayed with Joanne and me in our little Sinai house. It's a good thing I got the A/C fixed before they came. It was a warm, sticky weekend.



Oh yes...in case you haven't heard, we're looking for a condo in downtown Minneapolis.

No comments: