Friday, April 26, 2024

Cautionary tale!

      A recent brief news article reported on the death of a woman in an OFH. A man with dementia pushed her, she fell striking her head and subsequently died as a result of the fall. Her death has been ruled a homicide. Perhaps it's not likely the one who pushed will be charged.

    Many of my fellow inmates of the OFH have compromised mobility. Walkers, canes and wheelchairs abound. It's been noted that I'm not always the worlds most patient person. That news item is a cautionary tale for me in my impatience. As I wait for a procession of persons using walkers where I'm attempting to walk, my mantra is "Be patient Al, someday you'll need to use a walker."

   Joanne embraced her walker in her last years. Living downtown with skyway access she's walk to Target, using her walker, which was over a mile away. Coffee shops were plentiful and she was known to stop for a cup. I've kept her walker for the day when I need one.

Takk for alt,

Al

                            Kaia looks out the OFH balcony door, which she often does.


No comments: