Monday, July 20, 2026

Day 3!

       Days after major events often get counted. So, in that spirit...this is the third day since Kaia died. The grief is, both for what I miss in her absence, and for the ordinary joys she's missed these three days. As always with grief there are 'triggers' that brings it all back again. Of course I know the intensity will fade with time. Joanne often said "Grief touches grief."  It's so true that new griefs tie in to old grief from the past. One does not live as long as I have without having experienced significant grief. Though none compares with the grief of Joanne's death 8+ years ago.

   As was true when she died, the community of family and friends is once again comforting me. After her death I often wrote that it is relationships that sustain. Again, in this current sadness, that so many care so deeply, is a source of hope.  Thank you! I am very grateful.

Takk for alt,

Al

Kaia spent hours looking out the sliding glass doors in the OFH.


No comments: