For one reason or other inmates vacate their apartments in the OFH. In my hall alone I can think of six, or more persons who've vacated an apartment. There's a waiting list for the building so as quickly as possible maintenance readies the apartment for the next occupant(s). As regular absentee upon my return newer arrivals asks if I'm new here? "No" I say. "I was the last of the first residents, claiming the last apartment after the building opened." It's a good place and I'm happy to be here.
When I return for a few days acquaintances remark on my presence. My rejoinder is, "This is my vacation home, so I'm here for a few days. If many others were not so fixated on their house they too could life this life of leisure.
Takk for alt,
Al
Remembering fondly the students I taught in Thailand (I'm the one wearing glasses.)
No comments:
Post a Comment