Sunday, June 26, 2022

"Summertime and the living is easy..."

" Summertime

And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich
And your ma is good-lookin'
So hush, little baby
Don't you cry"     George Gershwin from Porgy and Bess

   Music like this makes me wish I could sing. Retirement means I no longer need to try to sing. The miracle of modern technology brings this song from my phone to my hearing aids. Perhaps I get all the sounds. When  I first got hearing aids and listened to CDs with which I was familiar I was struck by all the sounds I'd been missing before aids.
   This is another rare day in June with sunshine, temperature in the lower 70s and a breeze. Joanne would find this a perfect day. Her comfort zone was below 75. She was famous for going out on subzero days wearing just a windbreaker. She never did take to the beautiful, knitted, Norwegian cap she was given.
    Yes, "the livin is easy" for me. I am blessed and grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al

The temperature was in the 70's in Ayutthaya so Met dressed in coat and hat to do the ironing, thinking it was cold.  😃

1 comment:

Peter and Sandy said...

We always sing it as: Your Mama's rich and your Daddy's good looking. Maybe a Garrison Keillor interposition. ;->

Peter and Sandy